- As a pre-med student you are always “working” on your application.
- Most pre-med students do not start the official application until summer of junior year.
- Applications open up in May, but you can’t submit them to AMCAS until June.
- Start working on your personal statement well in advance.
- The application takes time to do. It will more than likely take more than a week.
- Do a mock interview.
- Get involved in clubs. This can help with your application.
- BEFORE submitting, print out the entirety of your application and have someone check for errors. AMCAS will only fix a few and will send it back to you for correction. This could cause a delay in you getting in.
|1st Year||Summer||2nd Year||Summer||3rd Year||Summer||4th Year|
|Pre-med Course requirements|
|Build faculty relationships for letter of recommendation|
|Research, Campus/Community involvement|
|MCAT prep and exam|
|Set up Recommendation letters|